SWRM Labs makes it simple for artists, creators, and publishers to share and distribute their content - video, games, updates, and more. In this explainer video, Robert Binning explains how to get started by uploading your files into our blockchain CDN.
It's easy to earn tokens as a member of the SWRM Labs Hive community. Our explainer video shows you how to sign up and begin earning tokens by sharing your spare storage and network capacity.
Check out our Explainer video on How to Get Started with the Hive Desktop App. Learn how you can easily control your experience as a SWRM Labs Hive community member. Track your earnings, adjust your storage and network settings, and add or withdraw tokens from your SWRM Labs wallet.
It has been a year since StreamSpace described its architecture for a new distributed CDN supported by blockchain technologies like IPFS and Hedera Hashgraph. In this time, we built development, test, and operations teams, and we now have a working testnet for passing files between publishers, nodes, and end users.
The new StreamSpace CDN features two key modes:
· a web-based mode, where customers can upload content files, manage organization access rights, track content popularity and usage, pay bills, along with numerous other features
· a desktop-based mode, where storage hosts, who we call “cachers,” can allocate storage capacity, earn tokens based on content throughput, and manage their token wallets
Here are a few of the use cases for StreamSpace’s new CDN:
1. 4K and VR video streaming. Traditional CDNs cannot support large numbers of end users stressing local servers for high bandwidth content, but a distributed mesh of peers can swarm content to end users from dozens of local servers to deliver the streams with higher end user satisfaction levels.
2. Mass deployment of IoT software updates. When time to “first frame” is less important, but total file delivery time and reliability is critical, a distributed CDN can really pay off. StreamSpace provides a permanent record of all file transfers, certifying both the transmission and successful update registration from millions of clients. StreamSpace’s thousands to millions of nodes help to reduce latency by sending file shards from any nearby peer node that holds any of the file shard fragments; they are reassembled at the client interface, and thereby limited in speed only by the client access link.
3. Non-commodity or blockchain-powered p2p marketplaces. There are hundreds of examples of marketplaces for unique goods and services, from eBay and Etsy to Fiverr and Tinder; specific transactions between sellers and buyers cannot be easily replicated, and the goods or services might be completely unique and irreproducible. Conventional centralized marketplaces such as the environments listed above charge between 3–15% commission for enabling the transaction, often bundling other financial or insurance services based on their brands. Transitioning to peer to peer services moves more control back to the buyers and sellers themselves, with blockchain proofs to certify the successful completion of all transactions. StreamSpace can support p2p markets with secure file and token transfers between buyers and sellers.
StreamSpace also offers a valuable proposition for data center operators and businesses or individuals with excess storage available and with reliable broadband connectivity. The StreamSpace “cachers” earn 1 SSH token for every 50 GB file transfer through their hosts. Popular content served dozens to thousands of times can provide a significant revenue stream for partners. Trading for the StreamSpace tokens is supported through several crypto exchanges around the world, and the StreamSpace ecosystem uses external exchange transfers to complete our dynamic tokenomics ecosystem. This ensures that cachers recognize income from their participation in our network, not just accumulate tokens.
Over the next few months, we will be rolling out our testnet to potential customers and cachers. If you are interested in exploring our service, check out our website stream.space and our social media pages, and let us know that you would like to join our revolution by submitting our “Cacher Survey” form at https://forms.gle/Ldi8U7emFtZbNCw88. Thanks!!!
StreamSpace social media pages:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/StreamSpaceInfo
- Medium: https://medium.com/@stream_space
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/25019799
StreamSpace website: https://stream.space