SWRM Labs Update August 2020
SWRM Labs continues to make progress on its CDN and the Hive decentralized storage network. We want to share our recent advances with you.
We have improved our community support systems to better engage with you. Please sign up for our newsletter at swrmlabs.io or follow us on any of our social media channels below.
We invite our community to join our pilot network service by downloading our Hive desktop or CLI app and registering with us as a node. Earn free tokens and help grow the ecosystem. Sign up at https://hive.swrmlabs.io/.
Developers are encouraged to explore the SWRM Labs dev documentation site https://developer.swrmlabs.io/#/. Downloader binaries are available with integration instructions in 5 languages: JS, Golang, Java, Python, and C#, with C++ coming soon.
New CDN customers and Hivers will be prompted to request access codes to use the beta testnet at no cost.
Our execs participated in the Data Center World 2020 conference. Great discussions on emerging edge data centers to support enterprise IT strategies, especially Omdia’s workshop on cloud, edge, AI/ML, and 5G innovations.
SWRM Labs migrated its previous StreamSpace SSH tokens to the new SWRM Coin. All current StreamSpace token owners should now see the new token name and symbol reflected in the original smart contract https://etherscan.io/token/0x6e2050cbfb3ed8a4d39b64cc9f47e711a03a5a89. You may still see the old symbol (SSH) in your wallet. Updating the custom token will reflect the new token symbol SWRM. The following article details how to add custom tokens to your wallet in MyEtherWallet https://kb.myetherwallet.com/en/tokens/how-to-add-custom-token/. Exchanges may still use the SSH symbol, but owners can trade their SWRM tokens or exchange other cryptocurrencies for SWRM Coins.
Hive Network Update:
Production version 1.0.0 (July 2020)
Total number of nodes: 8 bootstrap nodes, 141 total peer node devices
Average number of active peer nodes: 8-15
- Successful tests on 1 MB blocks vs 256 KB size. SWRM Labs will migrate all future content uploads to the larger block size.
- First tranche of access codes generated for the first wave of pilot CDN users.
- Performance tests across bootstrap nodes show average file transfer speeds of 46-70 MB/sec. File sizes tested range from 140 MB to 1.2 GB.
- We published two explainer videos showing how to interact with the SWRM Labs CDN and the Hive decentralized storage network. See https://blog.swrmlabs.io/ for more information.
- Upcoming conferences in September:
- TechCrunch Disrupt SF, Sept 14-18, https://techcrunch.com/events/disrupt-sf-2020/
- Streaming Media West (online), Sept 29-Oct 2, https://www.streamingmedia.com/Conferences/West2020
- Blockchain Expo Virtual 2020, Sept 30, https://www.blockchain-expo.com/virtual/
Follow us on Social Media: